cvs commit: src/sys/sys vnode.h src/sys/kern vfs_subr.c
jeff at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 15 06:38:17 PST 2005
jeff 2005-03-15 14:38:16 UTC
FreeBSD src repository
- Now that there are no external users of vfree() make it static.
- Move VSHOULDBUSY, VSHOULDFREE, and VTRYRECYCLE into vfs_subr.c so
no one else attempts to grow a dependency on them.
- Now that objects with pages hold the vnode we don't have to do unlocked
checks for the page count in the vm object in VSHOULDFREE. These three
macros could simply check for holdcnt state transitions to determine
whether the vnode is on the free list already, but the extra safety
the flag affords us is probably worth the minimal cost.
- The leafonly sysctl and code have been dead for several years now,
remove the sysctl and the code that employed it from vtryrecycle().
- vtryrecycle() also no longer has to check the object's page count as
the object holds the vnode until it reaches 0.
Sponsored by: Isilon Systems, Inc.
Revision Changes Path
1.596 +12 -48 src/sys/kern/vfs_subr.c
1.291 +0 -14 src/sys/sys/vnode.h
More information about the cvs-src