cvs commit: src/sys/kern vfs_bio.c
jeff at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 24 02:47:04 PST 2005
jeff 2005-01-24 10:47:04 UTC
FreeBSD src repository
- Add CTR calls to trace the lifecycle of a buffer.
- Remove some KASSERTs which are invalid if the appropriate lock is
- Slightly restructure bremfree() so that it is more sane.
- Change the flush code in bdwrite() to avoid acquiring a mutex
- Change the flush code in bdwrite() to avoid holding the bufobj mutex
while calling buf_countdeps(). This introduces a lock-order
relationship with the softdep lock that can not otherwise be resolved.
- Don't set B_DONE until bufdone() is complete, otherwise another
processor may believe the buf is done before it is.
- Only acquire Giant if the caller has set b_iodone. Don't grab giant
around normal bufdone() calls.
Sponsored By: Isilon Systems, Inc.
Revision Changes Path
1.472 +84 -79 src/sys/kern/vfs_bio.c
More information about the cvs-src