cvs commit: src/sys/dev/bge if_bge.c
yongari at FreeBSD.org
Wed Dec 21 17:44:27 PST 2005
yongari 2005-12-22 01:44:27 UTC
FreeBSD src repository
Add bge(4) support for big-endian architectures(part 2/2).
- removed unused funtion bge_handle_events().
- removed bus_dmamap_destroy(9) calls for DMA maps created by
bus_dmamem_alloc(9). This should fix panics seen on sparc64
in device detach.
- added check for parent DMA tag creation.
- switched to use __NO_STRICT_ALIGNMENT as bge(4) supports all
- added missing bus_dmamap_sync(9) in bge_txeof().
- added missing bus_dmamap_sync(9) in bge_encap().
- corrected memory synchronization operation on status block.
As the driver just read status block that was DMAed by NIC it
should use BUS_DMASYNC_POSTREAD. Likewise the driver does not
need to write status block back, so remove unnecessary
bus_dmamap_sync(9) calls in bge_intr().
- corrected memory synchronization operation on RX return ring.
The driver only read the block so remove unnecessary
bus_dmamap_sync(9) in bge_rxeof().
- force bus_dmamap_sync(9) for only modified descriptors. Blindly
synching all desciptor rings would reduce performance.
- call bus_dmamap_sync(9) for DMA maps that were modified in bge_rxeof().
Reviewed by: jkim(initial version)
Tested by: glebius(i386), jkim(amd64 initial version)
Revision Changes Path
1.109 +75 -92 src/sys/dev/bge/if_bge.c
More information about the cvs-src