cvs commit: ports/sysutils Makefile ports/sysutils/zxfer Makefile
dhn at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 4 15:03:51 UTC 2011
dhn 2011-04-04 15:03:51 UTC
FreeBSD ports repository
sysutils/zxfer Makefile distinfo pkg-descr
Zxfer is a fork of zfs-replicate. It allows the easy and reliable backup,
restore or transfer of zfs filesystems, either locally or remotely.
Zxfer has the following features:
* Written in sh with only one dependency, rsync. Rsync mode is not used
in a typical restore, hence in that situation all you need is the
zxfer script, your backup and an install CD/DVD.
* Reliability is first priority - the only methods of transfer allowed
are those that checksum/hash the transferred data.
* Transfer to or from a remote host via ssh.
* Recursive and incremental transfer of filesystems (via snapshots).
* Transfer properties and sources of those properties (e.g. local or
* Override properties in the transfer, e.g. for archival purposes
it is useful to override "copies" and "compression".
* Create all filesystems on the destination as necessary.
* Write backup files to aid in automatically restoring the original
properties that have been overridden.
* A comprehensive man page with examples.
* Can be set to beep on error or when done, useful for long transfers.
* Features an rsync mode for when two different snapshotting regimes are on
source and destination, and zfs send/receive won't work.
Submitted by: Ivan Dreckman <ivannashdreckman at fastmail.fm>
Revision Changes Path
1.1287 +1 -0 ports/sysutils/Makefile
1.1 +32 -0 ports/sysutils/zxfer/Makefile (new)
1.1 +2 -0 ports/sysutils/zxfer/distinfo (new)
1.1 +24 -0 ports/sysutils/zxfer/pkg-descr (new)
More information about the cvs-ports