cvs commit: ports/devel Makefile ports/devel/py-pip Makefile
distinfo pkg-descr pkg-plist
nivit at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 19 14:02:59 PST 2009
nivit 2009-01-19 22:02:58 UTC
FreeBSD ports repository
devel/py-pip Makefile distinfo pkg-descr pkg-plist
pip is a replacement for easy_install. It uses mostly the same techniques
for finding packages, so packages that were made easy_installable should
be pip-installable as well.
pip is meant to improve on easy_install. Some of the improvements:
* All packages are downloaded before installation. Partially-completed
installation doesn't occur as a result.
* Care is taken to present useful output on the console.
* The reasons for actions are kept track of. For instance, if a package
is being installed, pip keeps track of why that package was required.
* Error messages should be useful.
* Packages don't have to be installed as egg archives, they can be
installed flat (while keeping the egg metadata).
Revision Changes Path
1.3329 +1 -0 ports/devel/Makefile
1.1 +22 -0 ports/devel/py-pip/Makefile (new)
1.1 +3 -0 ports/devel/py-pip/distinfo (new)
1.1 +16 -0 ports/devel/py-pip/pkg-descr (new)
1.1 +14 -0 ports/devel/py-pip/pkg-plist (new)
More information about the cvs-ports