cvs commit: ports/sysutils/portmaster/files portmaster.sh.in
dougb at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 9 14:07:42 PST 2007
dougb 2007-01-09 22:07:34 UTC
FreeBSD ports repository
1. Add -t mode to "thoroughly" recurse dependencies, using the
all-depends-list target instead of the combination of the
build-depends-list and run-depends-list targets. This is useful
when the dependencies of a dependency need to be updated, but
the dependency itself doesn't; and -a mode is impractical for
2. If pkg_create fails, give the user the option of how to handle
it: fail, or ignore the error.
1. If we are trying to delete distfiles, but a dist subdir has
gone missing, assume that the files are safely deleted (and
inform the user) rather than error'ing out.
2. Search for BROKEN state before FORBIDDEN state, since if
the former is set, the latter is implied, which made the error
message confusing. While I'm here, trim the error message by
removing some redundant information.
3. After successful install, before the dependencies are updated,
apply the same search pattern whether we're updating an existing
port, or installing from scratch using -p /usr/ports/foo/bar.
Otherwise, existing dependencies for a port that was forcibly
pkg_delete'd won't be updated, nor will the newly installed
port's +REQUIRED_BY file be up to date.
1. The file that contains the checksums is not always spelled
"distinfo," so use the MD5_FILE variable to find it
1. Further local'ize variables in functions, and factor in some
variables there were used only once. Add more comments that
describe usage of variables with global scope used in a function.
2. Twiddle white space a little more to help key messages stand
out better, and change wording on one message to (hopefully) make
it more clear.
3. Bump copyright
Revision Changes Path
1.12 +63 -27 ports/sysutils/portmaster/files/portmaster.sh.in
More information about the cvs-ports