cvs commit: ports/mail/mailscanner Makefile distinfo pkg-plist
ports/mail/mailscanner/files mailscanner.sh mailscanner.sh.in
mta.sh mta.sh.in patch-docs:man:MailScanner.8
garga at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 15 02:47:04 PST 2006
garga 2006-02-15 10:47:00 UTC
FreeBSD ports repository
mail/mailscanner Makefile distinfo pkg-plist
mail/mailscanner/files mailscanner.sh.in mta.sh.in
mail/mailscanner/files mailscanner.sh mta.sh
- Update to 4.50.15
- Use USE_RC_SUBR
- Speed increased significantly! Caches SpamAssassin results.
Note you need to run my install.sh script to get the new modules required.
- If "Virus Scanners = auto" (ie. the installed default value) then it
searches for and uses every available installed virus scanner.
- Added SpamAssassin cache analyser (analyse_SpamAssassin_cache) to the
distributions. 99% written by Steve Freegard of MailWatch fame.
- Upgraded ClamAV+SA bundle to ClamAV 0.88.
- Added default headers that Thunderbird 1.5 will use to automatically
identify spam based on SpamAssassin's spam headers.
- Added UU-decoder to automatically extract files from attachments that were
stored in uu-encoded form. This behaves similarly to the zip and rar
decoders. The virus scanners should check inside these files for themselves
anyway, but this assists them when they do not. It also allows for filename
and filetype checking of files stored in uu-encoded attachments.
- Added configuration option "Find UU-Encoded Files" to set whether uu-encoded
files are decoded or not. These files are very rarely used, and the
overhead of finding them is fairly large as it involves reading all
existing attachments looking for the signature of them. So the default is
to not look for them. A ruleset can be used to protect particularly
vulnerable recipients or senders.
- You can now start up MailScanner without changing MailScanner.conf at all.
It will auto-detect SpamAssassin and all available virus scanners.
- Changed default setting to "Use SpamAssassin = yes" and now auto- detect
installation of SpamAssassin, logging installation instructions if
it is not already installed and working.
- Added DBI and DBD::SQLite Perl modules. Please use my install.sh scripts
when you upgrade or install this version.
- Added American spelling of "analyze_SpamAssassin_cache" as well as English
spelling of "analyse_SpamAssassin_cache".
- DBI installation is forced in RPM distributions.
- Improved RPM installer to handle DBI module dependencies better. It now
installs cleanly on the systems I have tested it on. These include Fedora
Core 3, Fedora Core 4, SuSE 9.3, SuSE 10, RedHat Enterprise 4.
- Made log warnings more obvious when DBI/DBD::SQLite/Digest::MD5 are not
all installed properly.
- Improved comments about "Allow Filenames" and "Allow Filetypes" in
- Improvement to F-Prot output parser to handle new strings.
- Changed filename/type traps to account for new vulnerability in TNEF files.
- Adapted trend-autoupdate for 2006 onwards.
- --help implemented so you can see how to use it now.
- --debug now written. Works just like "Debug = yes" in MailScanner.conf.
- --debug-sa now written. Works just like "Debug SpamAssassin = yes".
- --check ruleset-checker now written. Takes max 1 from address, multiple to
addresses, client IP address and virus name.
- Added a new command-line parameter "--lint" to verify the config file.
- --lint now prints what virus scanners you have chosen to use, and what
- --lint now checks SpamAssassin configuration too.
scanners it can find installed.
- Added hi-res timing so the batch speed timings are now displayed to
- Added Time::HiRes to the list of required modules. You must use ./ install.sh
to upgrade to, or install, this version in order to get the new module.
Time taken to process the entire batch is logged, and time taken to do
"Always Looked Up Last" is logged separately if it is being used at all.
- Added check that MailScanner.conf has at least been customised to set the
organisation name, long name and web site.
- Added "SpamAssassin Cache Timings" configuration option for the few people
who need to adjust these settings. Do *not* change it unless you really
know what you are doing, the default settings will work nicely.
- Updated important perl modules.
- Removed duplicate logging of warnings about infected messages.
- Added detection of no virus scanners being installed, giving the user
advice about how to install ClamAV using my easy-installation package.
- Improved ClamAV+SA easy-installation package so that it automatically
enables the updates by commenting out the "Example" lines.
- Changed default Lock Type for sendmail to "posix" instead of "flock" as
new Linux systems (the most popular platform by far) run sendmail
8.13 or later, which requires this to be "posix".
- Upgraded Sys::Hostname::Long and HTML::Parser in ClamAV+SA package.
- Disabled movie format "deny" rules in filetype.rules.conf and have enabled
filetype checking by default.
- Updated man pages.
- Updated AVG parser to handle latest version 7.1.
- Added "Always Looked Up Last After Batch" which is looked up after the
"Always Looked Up Last" option. The 2nd of those is looked up once for
each message, the "...After Batch" value is looked up once for the
entire batch. It is only intended for use with a Custom Function, its
value is ignored.
* Fixes *
- Improved reliability of Bayes rebuilds a lot.
- Force installation of DBI as previous versions cause problems.
- Removed broken patch I was given, which was temporarily in 4.50.
- Packaging bug in 4.50.9-1 fixed. MailTools version typo.
- Fixed bug where temporary files were not cleaned up properly.
- Fixed missing HTML-Parser 3.48 package.
Submitted by: maintainer
Revision Changes Path
1.44 +73 -31 ports/mail/mailscanner/Makefile
1.32 +2 -3 ports/mail/mailscanner/distinfo
1.3 +0 -55 ports/mail/mailscanner/files/mailscanner.sh (dead)
1.1 +41 -0 ports/mail/mailscanner/files/mailscanner.sh.in (new)
1.4 +0 -117 ports/mail/mailscanner/files/mta.sh (dead)
1.1 +142 -0 ports/mail/mailscanner/files/mta.sh.in (new)
1.27 +34 -5 ports/mail/mailscanner/files/patch-docs:man:MailScanner.8
1.20 +407 -9 ports/mail/mailscanner/files/patch-docs:man:MailScanner.8.html
1.27 +51 -172 ports/mail/mailscanner/files/patch-docs:man:MailScanner.conf.5
1.23 +13859 -265 ports/mail/mailscanner/files/patch-docs:man:MailScanner.conf.5.html
1.1 +15 -0 ports/mail/mailscanner/files/rcwarning.txt (new)
1.27 +3 -8 ports/mail/mailscanner/pkg-plist
More information about the cvs-ports