cvs commit: doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/problem-reports
linimon at FreeBSD.org
Sat Oct 22 00:03:21 PDT 2005
linimon 2005-10-22 07:03:21 UTC
FreeBSD doc repository
Major additions of text to this article:
- continue to add more information that is specific to the web-based
form as opposed to send-pr(1). In particular, mention problems that
are particular to that method.
- greatly expand the text sections about various fields such as
'categories' to try to adddress continuing misunderstanding on
the part of our users.
- discuss the fact that spammers will most likely find your email
address from a GNATS submission.
- demote kernel panics to 'serious' to represent commonly accepted
usage. Reserve 'critical' for data corruption issues or things that
would be considered 'showstoppers' for an upcoming release. (I am
using my bugmeister hat for this change.)
- reiterate that serious security problems should go to secteam, not
- document the common problems seen when submitting PRs, including
our anti-spam measures and the 'lost PR' index problem.
- deprecate the use of HTML-only messages. Regression testing using
the spam filters shows that close to 100% of such messages are spam.
(The filters have been tuned to correctly pass HTML that is included
in patches but reject HTML that conforms to all the common abuse
patterns. I am using my bugmeister hat for this change).
Revision Changes Path
1.45 +157 -18 doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/problem-reports/article.sgml
More information about the cvs-doc