cvs commit: www/en/releases/5.3R todo.sgml www/en/releases/5.4R
rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 22 03:14:44 PDT 2004
rwatson 2004-10-22 10:14:44 UTC
FreeBSD doc repository
Migrate a few items from the 5.3 "desired" list to the 5.4 "desired" and
"required" lists, as well as add a new items with 5.4 in mind:
- Entropy harvesting optimizations are largely implemented and in the 6.x
branch, but not yet ready for 5.x. We'll merge tham after 5.3 to be a
5.4 feature, and keep refining.
- The ACL_MASK override of umask support in UFS punts to 5.4. It violates
the POSIX.1eD17 draft spec, but other implementations have moved in that
direction so we should that also. Didn't happen for 5.3 because I was
working on network stack locking, but will happen for 5.4.
- MAC NFS server support onto the desired list for 5.4. It may well, and
if it does, it will probably be my fault.
- Move busdma for PCI drivers from the 5.3 desired list to the 5.4
- Add MAC Framework integration with System V IPC to the 5.4 required list;
we have an implementation, but it needs to be merged.
- Add KAME IPSEC w/o Giant to the required list for 5.4.
- Add "all network interface drivers MPSAFE" to the 5.4 desired list. I'd
like for this to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if we have one or
two ISA 10mbps stragglers come 5.4.
- Add netipx w/o Giant to the desired list for 5.4. I can work on this,
but I'm not set up to test it.
Revision Changes Path
1.103 +1 -45 www/en/releases/5.3R/todo.sgml
1.2 +100 -1 www/en/releases/5.4R/todo.sgml
More information about the cvs-doc