cvs commit: ports/databases Makefile ports/databases/leveldb
Makefile distinfo pkg-descr pkg-plist
Sunpoet Po-Chuan Hsieh
sunpoet at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 28 10:54:31 UTC 2011
sunpoet 2011-10-28 10:54:30 UTC
FreeBSD ports repository
databases/leveldb Makefile distinfo pkg-descr pkg-plist
- Add leveldb 1.2.20111024
LevelDB is a fast key-value storage library written at Google that provides an
ordered mapping from string keys to string values.
- Keys and values are arbitrary byte arrays.
- Data is stored sorted by key.
- Callers can provide a custom comparison function to override the sort order.
- The basic operations are Put(key,value), Get(key), Delete(key).
- Multiple changes can be made in one atomic batch.
- Users can create a transient snapshot to get a consistent view of data.
- Forward and backward iteration is supported over the data.
- Data is automatically compressed using the Snappy compression library.
- External activity (file system operations etc.) is relayed through a virtual
interface so users can customize the operating system interactions.
- Detailed documentation about how to use the library is included with the
- This is not a SQL database. It does not have a relational data model, it does
not support SQL queries, and it has no support for indexes.
- Only a single process (possibly multi-threaded) can access a particular
database at a time.
- There is no client-server support builtin to the library. An application that
needs such support will have to wrap their own server around the library.
Revision Changes Path
1.1042 +1 -0 ports/databases/Makefile
1.1 +49 -0 ports/databases/leveldb/Makefile (new)
1.1 +2 -0 ports/databases/leveldb/distinfo (new)
1.1 +60 -0 ports/databases/leveldb/files/patch-Makefile (new)
1.1 +26 -0 ports/databases/leveldb/pkg-descr (new)
1.1 +18 -0 ports/databases/leveldb/pkg-plist (new)
More information about the cvs-all