cvs commit: doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/committers-guide
Simon L. Nielsen
simon at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jun 16 19:40:12 UTC 2011
simon 2011-06-16 19:40:12 UTC
FreeBSD doc repository
Clean up the "Administrative Details" section of committer's Guide:
- Force column width to improve rendering.
- Remove a number of pieces of information which is either obsolete or
just not important. This includes removing reference to using telnet
which was already obsolete when I got a commit bit in 2003...
- Point people at freefall.
- Remove the hardcoded lists of members of cvsadm and GNATS admins -
this just duplicated administration.html and new committers should
not need to bug the two teams so often that they need to be pointed
out more than the many other active administrative teams. 
- Point at dcvs and pcvs for CVS repo's, as those are still in use by
- Don't use entities for internal mailing lists which expands to the
names as the result is just confusing and not useful. This part
should probably be changed to be a section with more text instead of
trying to include most info inside a table.
- Add information about portmgr monthly reports.
- Add a few links to some useful internal pages with more information.
- Misc minor text cleanup.
Discussed with: linimon, gavin 
Revision Changes Path
1.300 +38 -39 doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/committers-guide/article.sgml
More information about the cvs-all