cvs commit: ports/devel Makefile ports/devel/py-pycerberus
Makefile distinfo pkg-descr pkg-plist
Sunpoet Po-Chuan Hsieh
sunpoet at FreeBSD.org
Tue Oct 12 02:54:02 UTC 2010
sunpoet 2010-10-12 02:54:01 UTC
FreeBSD ports repository
devel/py-pycerberus Makefile distinfo pkg-descr pkg-plist
- Add py-pycerberus 0.3.3
Pycerberus is a framework to check user data thoroughly so that you can
protect your application from malicious (or just garbled) input data.
* Remove stupid code which converts input values: After values are
validated, you can work with real Python types instead of strings -
e.g. 42 instead of '42', convert database IDs to model objects
* Implement custom validation rules: Writing custom validators is
straightforward, everything is well documented and pycerberus only
uses very little Python magic.
* Focus on your value-adding application code: Save time by
implementing every input validation rule only once, but 100% right
instead of implementing a dozen different half-baked solutions.
* Ready for global business: i18n support (based on GNU gettext) is
built in, adding custom translations is easy.
* Tune it for your needs: You can implement custom behavior in your
validators, e.g. fetch translations from a database instead of using
gettext or define custom translations for built-in validators.
* Use it wherever you like: pycerberus is used in a SMTP server, trac
macros as well as web applications - there are no dependecies on a
specific context like web development.
Submitted by: Douglas William Thrift <douglas at douglasthrift.net>
Approved by: pgollucci (mentor, implicit)
Revision Changes Path
1.4081 +1 -0 ports/devel/Makefile
1.1 +22 -0 ports/devel/py-pycerberus/Makefile (new)
1.1 +3 -0 ports/devel/py-pycerberus/distinfo (new)
1.1 +23 -0 ports/devel/py-pycerberus/pkg-descr (new)
1.1 +63 -0 ports/devel/py-pycerberus/pkg-plist (new)
More information about the cvs-all