cvs commit: ports/ports-mgmt/portmaster/files portmaster.sh.in
dougb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Feb 5 15:11:24 PST 2009
dougb 2009-02-05 23:11:23 UTC
FreeBSD ports repository
1. Add --check-port-dbdir to clean stale entries from /var/db/ports 
Since the definition of PORT_DBDIR is now used in more than one place,
add it to the initialization routine at the top.
1. Add a 'nonfatal' option to find_moved_port() so that when it's
called in a context where we don't care about a port that has been
deleted (such as distfile listing) it doesn't exit. Add some code to
that function to tell -L that the port has been deleted.
2. Deal with ports that require user interaction to fetch by checking
first whether MASTER_SITES is empty before running 'make checksum'.
This should solve the problem of portmaster unintentionally deleting
the distfiles for java ports, inter alia. 
3. Improve kill_bad_children() by using process group id 
4. Don't call kill_bad_children() in safe_exit() without reason.
a. Implement this for the distinfo child process by flagging the first
line of the file and checking for a file with -s instead of just -e.
b. Implement this for -F mode by flagging when all the background
processes have finished.
This should result in less of those annoying 'Terminated' messages
5. Move the start of read_distinfos() until after we are sure that we
are going to try building the port.
1. When update_contents() finds something odd when updating a port
suggest using --check-depends to clean it up.
2. In check_for_update() avoid having variables that differ only by case
3. In update_port() recurse with just the port to update 
4. In dependency_check() run check_interactive() for installed
versions that need updating.
5. Update copyright
Concept by: RW <fbsd06 at mlists.homeunix.com> 
Fix Suggested by: ale 
Suggested by: Geraint Edwards <gedge at yadn.org> 
Revision Changes Path
2.7 +137 -43 ports/ports-mgmt/portmaster/files/portmaster.sh.in
More information about the cvs-all