cvs commit: src/sys/dev/bfe if_bfe.c if_bfereg.h
yongari at FreeBSD.org
Fri Aug 29 01:30:37 UTC 2008
yongari 2008-08-29 01:30:26 UTC
FreeBSD src repository
Modified files: (Branch: RELENG_7)
sys/dev/bfe if_bfe.c if_bfereg.h
SVN rev 182423 on 2008-08-29 01:30:26Z by yongari
o Sort includes and add <endian.h> to support endianness.
o Removed unneeded header files.
o bus_dma(9) fix:
- created parent tag with 1GB dma address limit with no
- set 4096 alignment limit for Tx/Rx descriptor rings.
- separate Rx buffer tag from Tx buffer tag such that Tx tag
allows up-to 16 segments while Rx buffer tag only allows
- it seems the controller has no alignment restrictions on Tx/Rx
buffers. Remove ETHER_ALIGN alignment restriction in Tx/Rx
- created a spare Rx dma map which would be used to cope with
failure of loading a dma map.
- make sure to load full Tx/Rx descriptor size for Tx/Rx
descriptor dma maps, previously bfe(4) used to load single
descriptor size for each descriptor rings. I have no idea how
it could be run without problems.
- don't blindly cast bus_addr_t type to 32bits in bfe_dma_map().
- created bfe_dma_free() to free allocated dma memory/tags.
- make sure to invoke bus_dmamap_sync(9) before/after processing
descriptor rings/buffers. Because the hardware has severe dma
address space limitation, bounce-buffers would be always used
on systems with more than 1GB memory during
- added Tx descriptor ring initialization function,
- moved producer/consumer index initialization to
bfe_list_tx_init() and bfe_list_rx_init() from
- added bfe_discard_buf() which will update loaded descriptors
without unloading/reloading the dma map to speed up error
- implemented Tx side bus_dmamap_load_mbuf_sg(9). The number of
segments allowed was chosen to be 16 which should be enough for
non-TSO capable hardwares. Setting SOF bit of Tx descriptor is
done in the last to avoid potential race.
- don't give up sending frames in bfe_start() until the hardware
lacks free descriptors.
- added XXX comment to second kick command and possible workaround.
- implemented Rx side bus_dmamap_load_mbuf_sg(9).
- removed bfe_dma_map_desc() as it's not needed anymore after
the conversion to bus_dmamap_load_mbuf_sg(9).
- added endianness support. With this change bfe(4) should work
on any architectures that can create bounce buffers within 1GB
- add missing bus_dmamap_sync() in bfe_tx_eof()/bfe_rx_eof().
o Use PCI_BAR instead of hardcoded value to set BARs.
Simplified register access with bus_write_4(9)/bus_read_4(9) and
removed bfe_btag, bfe_bhandle, bfe_vhandle in softc as it's not
o Reorder device detach logic such that bfe_detach() is also used
for handling driver attach failure case.
o Remove unnecessary KASSERT in bfe_detach().
o Remove bfe_rx_cnt, bfe_up, bfe_vpd_prodname, bfe_vpd_readonly in
softc. It's not used at all.
o Remove BFE_RX_RING_SIZE/BFE_RX_RING_SIZE/BFE_LINK_DOWN.
Revision Changes Path
184.108.40.206 +474 -353 src/sys/dev/bfe/if_bfe.c
220.127.116.11 +20 -17 src/sys/dev/bfe/if_bfereg.h
More information about the cvs-all