cvs commit: src/sys/net if_ethersubr.c
Bruce M Simpson
bms at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 19 18:39:36 UTC 2007
bms 2007-03-19 18:39:36 UTC
FreeBSD src repository
Clean up the ether_input() path by using the M_PROMISC flag.
Main points of this change:
* Drop frames immediately if the interface is not marked IFF_UP.
* Always trim off the frame checksum if present.
* Always use M_VLANTAG in preference to passing 802.1Q frames
* Use __func__ consistently for KASSERT().
* Use the M_PROMISC flag to detect situations where ether_input()
may reenter itself on the same call graph with the same mbuf which
was promiscuously received on behalf of subsystems such as
netgraph, carp, and vlan.
* 802.1P frames (that is, VLAN frames with an ID of 0) will now be
passed to layer 3 input paths.
* Deal with the special case for CARP in a sane way.
This is a significant rewrite of code on the critical path. Please report
any issues to me if they arise. Frames will now only pass through dummynet
if M_PROMISC is cleared, to avoid problems with re-entry.
The handling of CARP needs to be revisited architecturally. The M_PROMISC
flag may potentially be demoted to a link-layer flag only as it is in
NetBSD, where the idea originated.
Discussed on: net
Idea from: NetBSD
Reviewed by: yar
MFC after: 1 month
Revision Changes Path
1.224 +125 -120 src/sys/net/if_ethersubr.c
More information about the cvs-all