cvs commit: src/etc/defaults rc.conf src/etc/rc.d Makefile
newsyslog var src/etc newsyslog.conf
brooks at FreeBSD.org
Wed Mar 2 00:40:56 GMT 2005
brooks 2005-03-02 00:40:55 UTC
FreeBSD src repository
etc/rc.d Makefile newsyslog var
- Update etc/rc.d/newsyslog to FreeBSD standards and install it.
- Enable it by default, running newsyslog with -CN which creates files
that have the C flag specified in /etc/newsyslog.conf.
- Remove the "newsyslog -CC" call from etc/rc.d/var and the check for
- Add the C flag to entries in /etc/newsyslog.conf that are currently
installed as part of the base system.
There are two effects from this change:
- Users who delete default syslog files to stop logging to them
will need to set newsyslog_enable=NO in rc.conf or remove the C
flag from those file in /etc/newsyslog.conf or they will come back
on the next boot.
- Diskless systems now create the same set of files that ordinary
systems have by default instead of every file in newsyslog.conf.
Revision Changes Path
1.241 +2 -0 src/etc/defaults/rc.conf
1.50 +10 -10 src/etc/newsyslog.conf
1.49 +1 -1 src/etc/rc.d/Makefile
1.3 +7 -6 src/etc/rc.d/newsyslog
1.37 +1 -3 src/etc/rc.d/var
More information about the cvs-all