cvs commit: ports/Tools/portbuild/scripts dopackages
kris at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jul 14 03:09:59 PDT 2004
kris 2004-07-14 10:09:58 UTC
FreeBSD ports repository
* Remove the quickports stuff, it didn't (ever?) work as designed and
it's done properly^Wbetter in makeparallel
* Script accepts new arguments:
-nodoccvs: skip cvs update of the doc tree
-trybroken: try to build BROKEN ports (off by default because the
i386 cluster is fast enough now that when doing incremental builds we
were spending most of the time rebuilding things we know are probably
going to fail anyway. Conversely, the other clusters are slow enough
that we also usually don't want to waste time on BROKEN ports).
-incremental: compare the interesting fields of the new INDEX with
the previous one, remove packages and log files for the old ports that
have changed, and rebuild the rest. This substantially cuts down on
build times since we don't rebuild ports that we know have not
changed. XXX checkpoint of work-in-progress, not yet working as
* When setting up the nodes, read in per-node config files
("portbuild.$(hostname)") before dispatching the setupnode script on
each node. For disconnected nodes (which don't mount the master via
NFS), we also rsync the interesting files required by the builds
(ports/src/doc trees, bindist tarballs, scripts) into place on the
client. They will be mounted locally via nullfs in the build chroots.
* Break out the restricted.sh generation into a makerestr script so it
can be called manually as needed.
* Remove the -nocvsup argument which has been unused for a long time.
* For now, don't prune the list of failed ports with prunefail,
since when -trybroken is not specified, every BROKEN port ends up in
the duds file (so the build is skipped), and as a result we would
prune almost everything from the list of failed ports. XXX
prunefailure should be run conditionally on -trybroken, or I should
find a way to prune in both cases.
* Don't run index in the background, it was thrashing against makeduds
and not saving any time by doing it concurrently.
* Build with 'make quickports all' to kick off the quickports builds
* Delete restricted and/or cdrom distfiles *after* post-processing the
distfiles, otherwise the script doesn't remove any of them since
they're not in the expected place.
* Miscellaneous other minor changes and cleanups
Revision Changes Path
1.26 +155 -111 ports/Tools/portbuild/scripts/dopackages
More information about the cvs-all