cvs commit: ports/Tools/portbuild/scripts portbuild
kris at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jul 14 02:05:33 PDT 2004
kris 2004-07-14 09:05:32 UTC
FreeBSD ports repository
* Initial support for disconnected nodes (not on same LAN as build
host), specified by disconnected=1 in portbuild.$(hostname) file.
These do not mount via NFS, so we need to maintain a local copy of
things needed by the build (like the ports/src/doc trees) on the build
host, which are mounted into the chroot by read-only nullfs. These
local files are maintained in the dopackages script via rsync.
* Download packages via http instead of NFS. Allow fetching via a
local http proxy (http_proxy variable in per-node
portbuild.$(hostname) file). Caching package dependencies saves about
85% of package fetches and similar reduction in package fetch traffic
by byte count.
* Support a per-node tarball (bindist-$(hostname).tar) to customize
the build chroots. This is used for things like local resolv.conf and
make.conf files on disconnected nodes.
* Make sure we don't use a chroot until it is finished extracting.
* Don't set '.' in PATH; this is bad practise, and fortunately nothing
seems to rely on it.
* Only try to build broken packages if requested
* Try harder to unmount leftover linprocfs mounts in the chroot, by copying
in the 5.x mount binary and supporting libraries from the host system.
The 5.x mount is able to unmount by FSID in situations where the 4.x umount
* Don't clean up when we are signalled, that is done by the build
master from outside.
* Suppress some code relating to jail builds, which are not yet ready
* Don't push results of the build back to the master; the master now
pulls them from the client when the build completes. Clients no
longer need ssh access into the master; this is good for security as
well as significantly reducing the load on the master since it is not
thrashed by dozens of sshd processes.
Revision Changes Path
1.33 +88 -83 ports/Tools/portbuild/scripts/portbuild
More information about the cvs-all