cvs commit: src/sys/pci if_xl.c
Bruce M Simpson
bms at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jul 4 19:34:35 PDT 2004
bms 2004-07-05 02:34:35 UTC
FreeBSD src repository
Reintroduce and clean up locking in xl(4).
- Eliminate the use of a recursive mutex.
- Mark the driver as INTR_MPSAFE.
- Split the default media choice code out into xl_choose_media() to
avoid making poor assumptions about the state of the lock during attach.
- The miibus upcall/downcall paths may still be racy.
Change to commented-out locking assertions there for now.
- Tested with nfsclient, routed, ssh, ntp, dhclient and quagga bgpd.
- This needs SMP test coverage. I do not have such resources.
Tested on: UP, !debug.mpsafenet && debug.mpsafenet
Hardware: 3C905B-TX (0x905510b7)
Revision Changes Path
1.177 +178 -88 src/sys/pci/if_xl.c
More information about the cvs-all