cvs commit: src/sys/kern sched_ule.c
jeff at FreeBSD.org
Sun Dec 26 14:56:09 PST 2004
jeff 2004-12-26 22:56:08 UTC
FreeBSD src repository
- Fix a long standing problem where an ithread would not honor sched_pin().
- Remove the sched_add wrapper that used sched_add_internal() as a backend.
Its only purpose was to interpret one flag and turn it into an int. Do
the right thing and interpret the flag in sched_add() instead.
- Pass the flag argument to sched_add() to kseq_runq_add() so that we can
get the SRQ_PREEMPT optimization too.
- Add a KEF_INTERNAL flag. If KEF_INTERNAL is set we don't adjust the SLOT
counts, otherwise the slot counts are adjusted as soon as we enter
sched_add() or sched_rem() rather than when the thread is actually placed
on the run queue. This greatly simplifies the handling of slots.
- Remove the explicit prevention of migration for ithreads on non-x86
platforms. This was never shown to have any real benefit.
- Remove the unused class argument to KSE_CAN_MIGRATE().
- Add ktr points for thread migration events.
- Fix a long standing bug on platforms which don't initialize the cpu
topology. The ksg_maxid variable was never correctly set on these
platforms which caused the long term load balancer to never inspect
more than the first group or processor.
- Fix another bug which prevented the long term load balancer from working
properly. If stathz != hz we can't expect sched_clock() to be called
on the exact tick count that we're anticipating.
- Rearrange sched_switch() a bit to reduce indentation levels.
Revision Changes Path
1.142 +140 -127 src/sys/kern/sched_ule.c
More information about the cvs-all