cvs commit: src/bin/ps ps.1 ps.c ps.h
Garance A Drosehn
gad at FreeBSD.org
Sun Apr 4 10:03:40 PDT 2004
gad 2004/04/04 10:03:40 PDT
FreeBSD src repository
Modified files: (Branch: RELENG_4)
bin/ps ps.1 ps.c ps.h
MFC *: Support more POSIX/SUSv3 options:
- Change `-p' to allow a list of process IDs, and `-t' to allow a list
of terminal names, instead of only a single value for each.
- Add the `-A' option of SUSv3, which is exactly the same as `-ax'.
- Add the `-G gidlist' (group id).
- Allow any of these "selector options" to be specified multiple times,
and have `ps' keep adding to a given list -- instead of replacing the
- Fix interactions between selector-options, so that: "If any are
specified, ... ps shall select the processes represented by the
inclusive OR of all the selection-criteria options." (from SUSv3)
- Add a `-X' option, which is the reverse of the `-x' option.
- various minor improvements in parsing and error handling.
This should result in no user-visible changes, except for adding the
new features. The man page is updated to describe the new features,
and to describe the sorting options in better and more complete detail.
[* = 1.67 1.72 1.76->1.79 1.84 & 1.85 ps.c, 1.71->1.74 ps.1]
Approved by: re(scottl)
Revision Changes Path
188.8.131.52 +102 -19 src/bin/ps/ps.1
184.108.40.206 +560 -194 src/bin/ps/ps.c
220.127.116.11 +4 -0 src/bin/ps/ps.h
More information about the cvs-all