cvs commit: src/sys/dev/acpica acpi_ec.c
njl at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jul 10 10:22:47 PDT 2003
njl 2003/07/10 10:22:46 PDT
FreeBSD src repository
Rewrite much of the embedded controller driver.
* Always use polled mode. The intr approach did not work for many
controllers and required the hw.acpi.ec.event_driven workaround.
* Only use an edge (not level) triggered GPE handler
* Add sc->ec_mtx for locking operations to a single EC. There were
many race conditions earlier between an SCI event and EcRead/Write.
* Use 1 ms as the global lock timeout
* Only acquire global lock if _GLK != 0
* Update EcWaitEvent to use an incremental backoff delay in its
poll loop. Wait 50 ms max instead of 10. Most ECs respond
in < 5 us (50 us when heavily loaded). However, some time out
occasionally even with a 10 ms timeout. For delays past 1 ms, use
msleep instead of DELAY to give SCI interrupts a chance to occur.
* Add EcCommand to send a command and wait for the appropriate event.
* The hw.acpi.ec.event_driven tunable is no longer applicable and
has been removed.
Ideas from: Linux
Revision Changes Path
1.31 +264 -312 src/sys/dev/acpica/acpi_ec.c
More information about the cvs-all