cvs commit: src/sys/pci if_xl.c if_xlreg.h
wpaul at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jul 9 22:24:34 PDT 2003
wpaul 2003/07/09 22:24:33 PDT
FreeBSD src repository
sys/pci if_xl.c if_xlreg.h
Support for large frames for VLANs was added by tweaking the packet size
register, present only on 3c90xB and later NICs. This meant that you could
not use a 1500 byte MTU with VLANs on original 3c905/3c900 cards (boomerang
chipset). The boomerang chip does support large frames though, just not
in the same way: you can set the 'allow large frames' bit in the MAC
control register to receive frames up to 4K in size.
- Set the 'allow large frames' bit for boomerang chips and increase
the packet size register for cyclone and later chips. This allows
us to use IFCAP_VLAN_MTU on all supported xl(4) NICs.
- Actually set the IFCAP_VLAN_MTU flag in the capabilities word
- Change the method used to detect older boomerang chips. My 3c575C
cardbus NIC was being incorrectly identified as 3c90x chip instead
of 3c90xB because the capabilities word in its EEPROM reports
a bizzare value. In addition to checking for the supportsNoTxLength
bit, also check for the absence of the supportsLargePackets bit.
Both of these cases denote a 3c90xB chip.
- Make RX and TX checksums configurable via the SIOCSIFCAP ioctl.
- Avoid an unecessary le32toh() in xl_rxeof(): we already have the
received frame size in the lower 16 bits of rxstat, no need to
read it again.
Tested with 3c905-TX, 3c900-TPO, 3c980C and 3c575C NICs.
Revision Changes Path
1.149 +45 -7 src/sys/pci/if_xl.c
1.46 +2 -1 src/sys/pci/if_xlreg.h
More information about the cvs-all