cvs commit: src/sys/boot/i386/cdboot cdboot.s
jhb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Dec 11 14:43:02 PST 2003
jhb 2003/12/11 14:42:50 PST
FreeBSD src repository
- Change the lookup() function to report success or failure using the carry
flag rather than explicitly halting if a lookup failed.
- Add a loop around the call to lookup() to traverse an array of
nul-terminated strings for possible paths to the boot loader. A double
nul character denotes the end of the list.
- Add a new message to say that the boot failed if all of the path lookups
for a boot loader file failed.
- Add '/boot/loader' as a second boot path. If you build an ISO using
risky options to mkisofs such as -U then the loader will be called
'/boot/loader' rather than '/BOOT/LOADER;0'. This allows cdboot to work
with such risky ISO images.
- Bump version to 1.2 to denote added functionality.
The basic idea as well as some of the code were provided by the submitter,
but I added some extra code to use a loop rather than hard-code just 2
Submitted by: kientzle
MFC after: 1 week
Revision Changes Path
1.10 +32 -8 src/sys/boot/i386/cdboot/cdboot.s
More information about the cvs-all