Move ctm to ports?

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Mon Dec 5 15:32:24 UTC 2011

Hi,
Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
> On 12/05/11 08:26, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Roman Kurakin wrote:
> >> Hi,

> OK, I am persuaded - no moving CTM to ports.

Thanks :-)

> I'll see if I can get a
> src commit bit, with the promise that I will only touch the ctm stuff.

I'm sure you'll have the backing of us ctm-users :-)

> Next - suppose I want to make svn-cur officially part of CTM.  Do any of
> you see a problem with having something in the base depending upon
> something in the ports - namely subversion and xz?  (And hopefully in
> the next few years, subversion will become part of base.)

No problem, XZ moved from ports a while back, it's in src/ 8.2 Release.

> Similarly, if you try to apply the svn deltas, you will get an error like
>
> "You need to install subversion from the port devel/subversion."
>
> So the errors would be run time, not compile time.

Sounds good.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, cumulative like a play script, & indent with "> ".