No deltas via email anymore?

Andre Albsmeier Andre.Albsmeier at siemens.com
Thu Jan 21 06:48:23 UTC 2010

On Thu, 21-Jan-2010 at 02:31:56 +0100, Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
> Stephen McKay wrote:

> >> This looks very easy to implement, namely change the line
> >> #define LINE_LENGTH     76
> >> in /usr/src/usr.sbin/ctm/ctm_smail
> >
> > Yes.  Multiples of 4 only.
> >
> >> So, would there be a problem with making this start right now?
> >> (Remember I make the deltas, so I can make this happen anytime.)
> >
> > Righto.  I've changed my local copy from 76 to 72 and did a small test
> > run.  Works for me.  I'll update the official source when I get a chance.
> >
> > A cautious person would do their own test run, of course. :-)
>
> I have made the change.  The next ctm generation starts 10pm CST.  Can
> people tell me if there are problems?  I must admit to not being
> cautious, but the worst that will happen is that people will need to
> download those deltas from the ftp sites.

Thanks a lot for this, I'll report results as soon as I get
the first delta. From my past experience, the 10 p.m. CST
delta should arrive here at around 8 UTC...

However, I wonder what comes next: Will we have to add CRs to
the end of each line? Will we have to import each delta into
Microshaft's Powerjoint first since this is the only thing
Exchange 2012 will deliver?

Thanks again,

	-Andre

--
Division by zero error -- multiplying by zero to recover...