No deltas via email anymore?

Andre Albsmeier Andre.Albsmeier at siemens.com
Wed Jan 20 06:34:46 UTC 2010

On Tue, 19-Jan-2010 at 22:51:42 +0100, Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
> Chris Rees wrote:
> > 2010/1/19 Andre Albsmeier<Andre.Albsmeier at siemens.com>:
> >> Apart from ports-cur I didn't receive any deltas via email
> >> the last couple of days. I am missing ctm-src-4-fast (OK,
> >> nothing happens here), ctm-src-7-fast and ctm-src-cur-fast.
> >>
> >> And the ports-cur deltas seem to be sent differently now
> >> (no more Sender: header in the email)...
> >>
> >> Anyone else experiencing this?
> >>

> > Sorry, cvs-cur is coming in fine for me!
> >
> > Chris
> >

> The *-fast deltas are processed differently, so it is possible that they
> are not getting out, whereas the other ones are.  The host that creates
> the deltas is part of the University of Missouri, and they keep changing
> their firewall etc stuff all the time, so for all I know, they have
> found a way to block them.

The problem seems to lie on my side ;-( From what I found out so
far, those buggers who administer the mail servers here (if you
can call the M$-crap a server at all) switched their Exchange-
toys to a newer version which not only messes up the headers
but also wraps lines at pos 75. Now the deltas arrive like this:

CTM_MAIL BEGIN src-7.0895.gz 1 1
H4sIAGI5VksCA8VZ+28bNxL+2foreG5R2HnIfD8ctEASO70AqVs0PlyvdweBT3sRaVe3u0riHvq
/
35ArPyT5IbcBzoZJaUkOZz4OZ75Zvz79YfLq+Pu3J4iOMepa/1whbQSimGBMiKFUGC5/RePR69M
3rxHY9/PJl1v+0WHYAYfGsk50h4bE3RyRmEeXJSBGSqtY1GHEKlCSQdtVBJEU8yoEEQIzw1LQhj

Normally, they get automatically piped to ctm_rmail which can't
work with this and throws them away. Now that I've switch off
ctm_rmail, I can find the whole mess in my inbox...

Sorry for the noise, I really didn't realise what's going
here originally...

Thanks,

	-Andre

--
I am forced by company policy to use Micro$oft products.
I am not responsible for this choice and decline any