Do you still want CTM?

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at missouri.edu
Tue Dec 22 15:37:48 UTC 2009

Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> Hi CTM Users,
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/ctm-announce/
> has no announcement since August 2009, yet
> http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo
> lists new lists
> http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/ctm-src-8-fast
> & there's archives in
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/development/CTM/src-8/
> I guess Stephen did all the work then maybe didn't announce ?
> Thanks for the work Stephen :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Julian

When I created ctm-src-8, for the first few days it simply didn't work
at all.  This was, I think, because the source was switched from cvs to
svn, and so for quite a while cvsup didn't work.  By the time it was all
figured out, ctm-src-8 had been up for some time, and so I simply forgot
that I hadn't already announced it.

By the way, regarding the threats that I might be placed behind a
firewall, and so won't be able to create the CTM deltas, thus far
nothing has come of this.