Do you still want CTM?

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at missouri.edu
Tue Aug 4 15:21:47 UTC 2009

Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
> I have just been informed by my system administrator that the computer
> that creates the CTM deltas may be put behind a firewall.

I had more conversations with my systems administrator.

1.  This "firewall" will not come into effect for several months, so
there is no big hurry to get everything sorted out.

2.  The main problem I will have with the firewall is getting the deltas
out to the ftp sites.  Right now, ftp-master uses rsync to get the
deltas from my machine.  But I am told that if there were some site I
could rsync TO, then that would work just fine behind the firewall.
That is, I act as the client, and the freebsd site acts as the rsync
server, to which I copy the files.

Does anyone know if freebsd has any such mechanism?

Thanks, Stephen