Do you still want CTM?

Peter Jeremy peter.jeremy at alcatel-lucent.com.au
Tue Aug 4 03:32:19 UTC 2009

On 2009-Aug-03 21:46:06 -0500, Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen at missouri.edu> wrote:
>My question is this - are there people who still depend on CTM for their
>updates?  Or is it time to close down CTM?  Or is there someone else who
>wants to take it over?

I don't have CVSup access at work and currently rely on CTM delta
emails.  I also use CTM (via FTP) at home because that was easy to
setup and means my trees at home and work are synchronised.

I could switch to CVSup at home without too much hassle but loss of
CTM would be a serious hassle at work - the easiest solution would
probably be for me to setup something fairly similar to a CTM server
at home and mail it to work.

As for formally taking over CTM, I don't think I'm in a position to
do so but would appreciate some more details:
- How much disk space is required?
- How resource intensive is building the deltas?  If it's a dedicated
  box, what CPU/RAM does it have?
- What are the bandwidth requirements?
- How are the deltas forwarded out to the mail and FTP servers?

--
Peter Jeremy