Problems with cvsup

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at math.missouri.edu
Sat Jan 26 16:33:03 PST 2008

Ken Smith wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-01-26 at 10:15 -0600, Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
>> I am trying to cvsup the whole of cvs-all.  I tried from both cvsup11,
>> and cvsup-master, and it always seems to get stuck at the same place,
>> that is:
>>
>>   Edit ports/graphics/qiv/Makefile,v
>>    Add delta 1.32 2008.01.26.13.42.06 araujo
>>   Edit ports/graphics/qiv/distinfo,v
>>    Add delta 1.14 2008.01.26.13.42.06 araujo
>>   Create ports/irc/darkbot/files/patch-Makefile,v
>> Detailer failed: Network read failure: Connection timed out
>> Will retry at 10:30:11
>>
>> (I am copying this to ctm-users, so that they know why CTM isn't working
>> right now.  I had to start cvsup from scratch, and I am having this issue.)
>>

> Looks like some of today's earlier runs from cauchy.math.missouri.edu
> failed with "TreeComp failed" messages which aren't overly helpful.  But
> later runs seem to have succeeded.  Did you work out the problem or are
> you still having problems?

I cvsup'ed to a different computer (on a completely different network),
and then rsynced it to cauchy.math.missouri.edu when the need arose.

Here is a list of files where cvsup directly to cauchy.math.missouri.edu
failed.  Somehow I feel that the actual content of the file plays a
role.  For example, most of the files have the letters "irc" in them.

  Create ports/irc/darkbot/files/patch-Makefile,v
  Create ports/net-mgmt/nagircbot/files/patch-anna.cpp,v
  Create src/contrib/ipfilter/ip_irc_pxy.c,v -> Attic
  Create src/lib/libalias/alias_irc.c,v -> Attic
  Create src/sys/contrib/ipfilter/netinet/ip_irc_pxy.c,v
  Create src/sys/netinet/libalias/alias_irc.c,v