How to set transfer speed anually

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Wed Sep 20 07:26:58 PDT 2006

Steffen Kaiser wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using the aic79xx driver for an onboard Adeptec Ultra 320 controller
> with Linux kernel v2.6.17.10.
>
> When there are more than two devices on the bus, which running
> simultaneuously, I get "device overrun" errors. For debugging I wanted
> to throttle the speed of the bus, but haven't found no way to do so.
>
> Is it possible assign the bus speed for the driver?

Assuming it is like the Adaptec 3960D Ultra160 SCSI adapter, Yes.
Reboot the box
Catch the SCSI bios booting and press CTRL-a
use its menus to get to controlling the buses and you can set the speed there
for each SCSI id individually.
(I would try to give more details but the box with the card is working as a
server right now.)

--
Todd Denniston