module.conf options

P. Larry Nelson lnelson at uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 5 14:23:18 PDT 2004

Thanks for all the suggestions, but the easiest thing to do
(which seems to work just fine) was to put a brute force 'modprobe aic7xxx'
in rc.sysinit before it does the 'mount -a'.

For grins, I took out the entry for the Adaptec|AIC-7892A U160/m in
the hwconf file and rebooted - thinking maybe the first time that
kudzu tried to configure it, it screwed up somehow.  Alas, the same
thing happened - it saw it at bootup, and saw it correctly as an
AIC-7892A and asked if I wanted to configure it.  I clicked on the
"CONFIGURE" button and it claimed that it was successfully configured.
Well, it lied again - the aic7xxx driver was not loaded and did not
load on a subsequent reboot.

RedHat 9.0 seems to handle this situation just fine but apparently
RHEL does not.

- Larry

--
P. Larry Nelson (217-244-9855) | Systems/Network Administrator
461 Loomis Lab                 | U of I, CITES Departmental Services