AIC7XXX on sparc with Promise Raid array

Jurzitza, Dieter DJurzitza at harmanbecker.com
Thu Aug 19 09:18:43 PDT 2004

Dear listmembers,
I have given up using 6.3.9 on Sparc U60 with my Promise Array. The reason for this is the inpredictability of the resulting communication speeds I get.
I have seen anything in /proc/scsi/aic7xxx/1 from all devices at 3.3MByte / s to correct speed settings.
I would be willing to track this down but I would need someone to support my efforts regarding the interpretation of the results.
With 6.2.36 things are reproducable.
All the announcements about things that should occur - like the reporting of the missing echo-buffer - I cannot see.
For now, I can say that 6.2.36 (coming with kernel 2.6.26) seems to be be more reliable than 6.3.9 on this arcitecture.
Take care

Dieter Jurzitza

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the contents in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.