Three Observatins with 6.2.35 on Linux 2.4.20

Justin T. Gibbs gibbs at scsiguy.com
Mon May 26 19:46:24 PDT 2003

> Hi!
>
> Like some other people we recognized messages raised by PCI interrupts
> signalling parity errors on the PCI bus (that are not necessarily
> caused by the SCSI subsystem). So we moved to 6.2.35, which is
> supposed to turn off these messages after 10 messages have been
> issued. But what in fact happens is, that it is *not* turned off, but
> every such message is just followed by additional lines that just say
> it would be turned off now (see below).

Can you see if the latest driver *finally* correts this issue for you?
The version number has not been bumped yet (still waiting to integrate
one more change), but a source snapshot can be found here:

http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gibbs/linux/SRC/

> Another observation is that the message "DV failed to configure
> device.  Please file a bug report against this driver." appears.
> Since I don't even know what domain validation is, I'm hereby just
> doing what this messages says. :-) So far, I'm just ignoring it and
> I may turn DV off through the appropriate command line option.

Well, from the dmesg output, it seems that the device we are complaining
about isn't behaving very well - the inquiry data is not even retrieved
correctly.  What is the make and model of the device at target Id 1?

--
Justin