aic79xx abort during boot

Justin T. Gibbs gibbs at scsiguy.com
Tue Jul 8 15:52:29 PDT 2003

> However, your comment about a possible revision issue on the IBM drives
> may still be something I am facing.  There are intermittent messages during
> boot which would lead me to believe that it might be in our better interest
> to pursue a revision update.
> There is a series of messages that come up stating that:
>
>     DV failed to configure device...

I still don't know the type of device you are using, so I can't say
if upgrading the firmware is the correct solution to this problem.
It would be helpfull to see all of the messages from a boot with
the driver configured for debugging and the debugging options set to
0x800.  This will show all of the domain validation process, making
it trivial to understand the DV failure.

--
Justin