SCSI HD spin down

Norman Urs Baier spiessli at ieee.org
Wed May 15 08:18:36 PDT 2002

Sorry if this is off topic, but I just didn't now where to start, searched
web, HowTos, man pages, READMEs,...

My SCSI HD is truly fast, but it makes at least as much noise as all the rest
in the box together. Normally this is not a problem, but there are times
where it's sureley not used, for example during the last 5 minutes of 2 hr
DVD...
I noticed that Windows XP spins this disk down. Don't know if it is XP or the
29160 Card itself, as there are actually only Linux partitions on it.

Is there a possibilty doing such a thing under Linux

(SuSE 7.3, basically, 29160N, VIA ApolloPro)

Thanks Norman

--
"Tusen tack för att lunchkön var så kort"
				--- Agnetha Fältskög