cannot install linux debian

Marco Antonio Vieira Assad marcova at mg.trt.gov.br
Mon Mar 18 11:10:48 PST 2002

Well, I'm trying to install debian 2.2r5. Sometimes it
freezes when checking for bad blocks, sometimes when
formatting, and this time when it was trying to mount
root filesystem. Pressing alt-f4 it says lots of times:

scsidisk I/O error: dev 08:02, sector 4016 (other
messages with other sectors too)
SCSI bus is being reset for host 1 channel 0
SCSI Disk error: host 1 channel 0 id 0 lun 0 return
code = 18000002
[valid=0] Info fld=0x0, Current sd08:02: sense key
Aborted command
Additional sense indicates scsi parity error

Any help?
Thanks in advance.