question about aic7xxx

Justin T. Gibbs gibbs at scsiguy.com
Fri Jan 18 10:21:01 PST 2002

>Is there the way to know last events and messages related to that tag
>in aic7xxx ?

Depending on the type of card you are using, you could record additional
state in the "status packet" of that transactions control block.  This
would require modification of the firmware and a bit of thought about
which bytes are available to be used for this purpose.  Due to time
contraints on our U320 driver schedule, I can't commit time in the
near future to add these kinds of diagnostics.  As far as the "last
message seen", it should have been a disconnect message as that transaction
is on the disconnected list.  Trasactions are removed from the disconnection
list on a reselection and are only added to the disconnect list when
that message is seen.  The firware waits for bus free after a disconnect
message and will complain if it doesn't see one before the next REQ
to it on the bus.

--
Justin