Parity errors

Shane Wegner shane at cm.nu
Wed Feb 27 12:15:51 PST 2002

Hi,

I recently received these messages in my kernlog.  I am
juser wondering if they are indicative of a serious problem
and were they nonrecoverable or would the write have
retried.

Feb 27 11:33:19 continuum kernel: scsi1: PCI error
Interrupt at seqaddr = 0x9
Feb 27 11:33:19 continuum kernel: scsi1: Data Parity Error
Detected during address or write data phase
Feb 27 11:33:19 continuum kernel: scsi0: PCI error
Interrupt at seqaddr = 0x8
Feb 27 11:33:19 continuum kernel: scsi0: Data Parity Error
Detected during address or write data phase

This is an Adaptec 39160 controler with 3 Quantum Atlas 10K
II u160 drives attached.

Thanks in advance,
Shane

Shane Wegner: shane at cm.nu