Meaning of the error

Justin T. Gibbs gibbs at scsiguy.com
Fri Apr 19 09:51:26 PDT 2002

>On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 11:03:28AM -0600, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
>> The disk is reporting "Internal target failure" for a write transaction
>> that was already reported as completed but when pushed from the write-back
>> cache evoked this error.  Your drive is not healthy.
>
>Neat 8) ! How do you decode that?

I looked it up in the table used by FreeBSD to decode and print
out sense information so that users don't have to post on lists
to find out what it all means. 8-)

>Is that something that can be done by
>us, mere mortals, given that we have TFM?

You can grovel through the ASC/ASCQ code table as published by the
T10 committee from time to time.  Its somewhere on www.t10.org.

--
Justin