AHA-2940

Kenneth Godee Ken at perfect-image.com
Sun Sep 9 20:55:39 PDT 2001

Just trying to see if I missed something.....

Installed a AHA-2940 in a standard RH 7.0 config. with
multi ethernet controllers and scsi support built in.

When I add....

alias scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx='verbose'

to my modules.conf file it does not load the host adapter
and screws up one of my ethernet controllers.

But when I do an....
insmod aic7xxx aic7xxx='verbose'

it loads the host adapter and does not effect my ethernet controller.

I searched google, etc. and see that I may not be the only one that
has had this problem but could not find any answers on how to fix.
Is this just something on my system or is this a known problem?
Any suggestions would be helpfull.
TIA