Incompatibility/error in aic7xxx.o

Justin T. Gibbs gibbs at scsiguy.com
Mon May 28 15:45:24 PDT 2001

>Sorry to bother you, but i believe i found an incompatibility/error in
>your aic7xxx-module for Linux.
>
>My System consists of:
>   - Fujitsu-Siemens LifeBook E-6570
>   - Linux Kernel 2.4
>   - SuSE Linux 7.1
>   - Adaptec CardBus APA-1480B SlimSCSI

The old driver is no longer supported.  Your card should be supported
by the new aic7xxx driver.  Patches against "stock" kernels can be found
here:

http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gibbs/linux/

Since you were not specific about what kernel you are running, I don't
know if any of the patches there will apply to what your are using.

With the new driver, you just need to load the aic7xxx module.  There
is no cardbus 1480 specific module.

--
Justin