Weird problem

Justin T. Gibbs gibbs at scsiguy.com
Wed May 16 07:45:54 PDT 2001

>Hello,
>
>A short question: with AIC7xxx v6.1.13 / linux v2.4.4, is it possible to
>limit Tagged opennings/Max command opennings per device?

You can with a LILO option.  If you search the comments about LILO
options in drivers/scsi/aic7xxx/aic7xxx_linux.c, you'll see how
to do it.

>The problematic device seems to be this particular HD. Everything runs
>fine until some massive write to this device (reading is fine, though).
>After that the system freezes solid and only cure is to hit the reset
>button. It seems to me that this disk actually locks up the SCSI bus as
>the SCSI controler led lights up and the led on that particular disk also.

Does the driver report any messages to the console?  If so, run with
"aic7xxx=verbose" and send me the messages.  You may need to setup a
serial console to acurately capture the messages.

--
Justin