problem with RH7.1 installer

Florin Andrei florin at sgi.com
Wed May 9 10:53:45 PDT 2001

Hi,

I'm trying to install Linux Red Hat 7.1 on a SGI 1200 server (Intel
440GX motherboard with Adaptec 7xxx controllers), but the aic7xxx driver
fails to load itself. I get a bunch of errors on the console, and the
installer is frozen. I tried to play with the BIOS settings, i even
tried to use some different options for the aic7xxx kernel module...
Nothing worked.

1. Is there anyone having an update for the aic7xxx driver for the 2.4.2
kernel from the RH7.1 installer?
2. If the answer to #1 is yes, did you tried to rebuild the install
floppies?

Thanks,

--
Florin Andrei

"Imagine working in a secure environment and finding the string
_NSAKEY in the OS binaries without a good explanation." - Alan Cox