Problems in -current, post Feb/March

Jim Bryant kc5vdj at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 30 15:49:56 PDT 2001

Although I have a backup of the source files, this bug is preventing me
from being able to get to them and obtain the dates of the latest
version I know to work...

The following problem does not exist in 4.3-CURRENT.

I recently got online again after a hiatus of a few months, and
immediately updated my -current system.

After updating, my second [B] SCSI channel comes up as ahc0, and the
primary [A] channel doesn't even get recognized.  I am using a Tyan
DLUA-1696 motherboard, which essentially has an Adaptec 3940UW on the
motherboard.

My CD-ROM and DDS Tape drive are on the channel that refuses to work in
-current.

What are the differences between -current and 4.3-STABLE?

I'll have to reboot to get a BOOT_VERBOSE to post here, I'll followup
with such in a little while.

jim
--
ET has one helluva sense of humor!
He's always anal-probing right-wing schizos!