mixing UW and U2W LVD drive on the same Bus???

Karl-Heinz Herrmann k.-h.herrmann at fz-juelich.de
Tue Feb 13 04:49:05 PST 2001

On 12-Feb-01 Eric NOULARD wrote:
>       I would like to know if anybody here did
> already tried to mix on the same UW scsi bus (AHA 2940 UW controller)
> 1 UW harddrive (in my case: IBM, DCAS-34330W) and 1 U2W LVD2 drive
> (in my case IBM, DDYS-T18350LVD2).

Hi!

I have the Adaptec 2940 UW as well and run right now:

Ultra Plex, Narrow Ultra HD, UW HD, Wide non Ultra HD and U2W IBM HD without
problems. The IBM needed a jumper to set it to SE mode.
I even had a old Exabyte Tape on the same cable for some time, but that moved
now to the other ncr-controller with the scanner.

K.-H.