Help with APA-1480A

kf ken at cleveland.lug.net
Sat Dec 29 03:05:54 PST 2001

So you're booting from the install CD, the install program is detecting
the drive, but hanging while, or after, talking/writing to the external
SCSI hard drive, yes?

I would guess that there is a hardware problem: cabling, termination, SCSI
ID designation, system BIOS setting, or other.

Also, you can get additional information at any point during installation
by holding [Alt] and pressing [F1] through [F5].  See what these tell you.

hth,
kf