Still problems with SCSI scanning (Parity OFF)

Tom Wirschell T.Wirschell at fin.pinkroccade.nl
Wed Dec 5 09:11:00 PST 2001

On Tue, 2001-12-04 at 16:25, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

> need to disable parity checking in the SCSI-Select screen of your
> aic7xxx card's BIOS.

Okay. Did that. Just crashed again. I'll kick in the full logging again
and see if I can get another listing of the events leading up to the
problem. This time the message when the machine died was:

Dec  5 17:50:42 lev8 kernel: scsi0:A:0: Missed busfree. Lastphase =
0xe0, Curphase = 0xe4

I kinda like this message, because it's *VERY* similar to the message I
used to get with the 2.2.* kernel driver. It too was moaning about
'unexpected busfree' problems.

Tom
--
"...very few phenomena can pull someone out of Deep Hack Mode, with two
noted exceptions: being struck by lightning, or worse, your *computer*