Still problems with SCSI scanning...

Tom Wirschell T.Wirschell at fin.pinkroccade.nl
Tue Dec 4 01:13:40 PST 2001

On Tue, 2001-12-04 at 09:56, Jim Bryant wrote:
> I recently saw the exact same messages after buying a used scanner for $5.00
>
> The scanner I used was a Microtek ScanMaker 600ZS.
>
> After searching the mailing list archives, I did find some info that makes me think that these are rogue SCSI [more like
> Pseudo-SCSI] devices with a proprietary bastardized protocol.
>
> If I misread something, will someone please chime in?

Well, the scanner in question is the HP 6300C... Not exactly $5.00
Before that I had the HP 5p (5100C) which, although cheaper, isn't
exactly an item that I would consider part of the El Cheapo range of
hardware.

Tom
--
"...very few phenomena can pull someone out of Deep Hack Mode, with two
noted exceptions: being struck by lightning, or worse, your *computer*